Submit a Poster–2020
The call for posters is now extended to
Friday, March 6, 2020.
This year we’re having a poster competition! You’ll need to create a new account on judgify.me to submit your poster. The process is simple. All we need is your email and a password.
Posters must present information related to health literacy. This may include research findings, program implementation details and results, or innovative solutions. Our review committee will evaluate your poster abstract on:
- Relevance and timeliness to health literacy
- Substance and clarity of content
- Specificity and practicality
- Clarity of writing and presentation
Your final poster must measure 48 inches by 36 inches, and be presented in landscape format. For inexpensive poster printing and shipping directly to the conference, visit MakeSigns, where it will cost $40 – $50 (depending on the type of paper you choose) to print and ship your poster.
To present your poster at IHA’s Health Literacy Conference, you must:
- Be a registered attendee of the conference.
- Print and transport all of your own materials, including your poster board and any handouts to support your presentation.
- Submit your final poster in PDF no later than April 13, 2020.
- Set up your poster board between 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm on May 13, 2020.
- Be at your poster from 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm on May 13, 2020, to discuss your research/projects.
General Submission Guidelines
- Submit an entry containing your poster abstract.
- Clearly outline your presentation.
- To present more than one poster, submit a separate entry and poster abstract for each additional topic.
- You may have multiple speakers.
How to Submit an Application
The call for poster submissions for IHA’s 19th Annual Health Literacy Conference is now open. Follow these instructions to submit an application:
- Download and review the PDF Poster Application. You may want to fill it out and use it as a guide when completing the online application form.
- Click on the “Submit a Poster” button below.
- You will be taken to our Judgify.me abstract management platform.
- Click on the green "SUBMIT AN ENTRY" button at the top right.
- Create a free Judgify.me account, if you don't have one.
- Complete the judgify.me online form. Be sure to click Submit on the last page.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your application is received.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email within 1 business day, please feel free to follow up with Eskarlethe Juarez at 562-690-4001 ext. 203.
- IHA will contact you when your poster has been approved.
New this year is the IHA Health Literacy Poster Awards!
Conference attendees will vote using the conference app during the Opening Night Reception/Poster Session Wednesday, May 13th from 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm. All votes must be submitted between 4:30pm and 6pm. Votes submitted before or after the reception will not count.
Posters will be judged based on the following criteria:
1st Place Award
A certificate of achievement, an Award Winner ribbon, and a complimentary registration to a conference hosted by IHA:
2nd Place Award
Conference attendees can win too!!
Conference attendees who cast their vote via the conference app during the Opening Night Reception / Poster Session have a chance to win a gift card. IHA will randomly select 3 voters to receive a $25.00 Amazon gift card. Winners will be announced Thursday, May 14th.
The winners will be announced on Thursday, May 14th as part of the IHA Health Literacy Awards / International Activities Overview.
If you have any question about the poster competition please contact Eskarlethe Juarez at email@example.com
Click Poster Tips for information about design, display, and presentation.
If your poster is approved, you can submit your poster draft for complimentary design review.
We are offering one hour of complimentary design review for up to 8 of our poster presenters!