Call for Posters
The call for posters is open from 2/11/19 – 3/29/19
Have you done work that addresses an issue related to health literacy? Would you like to share your findings with colleagues and the health literacy community? Presenting your work through a poster is an excellent option. It’s easy and it…
- Builds your resume
- Creates a bigger impact from your work
- Is a great icebreaker for networking with others
- Brings attention and prestige to your organization
- Provides potential solutions to those with similar problems
If you would like to present a poster at our conference in May 2019, please read the information below before submitting your poster abstract.
Posters must present information related to health literacy. This may include research findings, program implementation details and results, or innovative solutions. Our review committee will evaluate your poster abstract on:
- Relevance and timeliness in terms of health literacy
- Substance and clarity of content
- Specificity and practicality
- Clarity of writing and presentation
- Appropriateness to session format
Your final poster must measure 48 inches by 36 inches, and be presented in landscape format. For inexpensive poster printing and shipping directly to the conference, visit MakeSigns.com, where it will cost $40 – $50 (depending on the type of paper you choose) to print and ship your poster.
To present your poster at IHA’s Health Literacy Conference, you must:
- Be a registered attendee of the conference.
- Print and transport all of your own materials, including your poster board and any handouts to support your presentation.
- Submit your final poster in PDF no later than April 22, 2019.
- Set up your poster board between 4:45 pm – 6:00 pm on May 2, 2019.
- Be at your poster from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm on May 2, 2019 to discuss your research/projects.
General Submission Guidelines
- Clearly outline your presentation.
- You can submit more than one poster. You will need to submit different applications for each topic you would like to present.
- You may have multiple speakers.
How to Submit an Application
The call for poster submissions for IHA’s 18th Annual Health Literacy Conference is now open. Follow these instructions to submit an application:
- Download and review the PDF Poster Application. You may want to fill it out and use it as a guide when completing the online form.
- Click on the “Submit a Poster” button below.
- Complete the online form. Be sure to click Submit on the last page.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your application is received.
- Upload final poster to our Dropbox folder here.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email within 1 business day, please feel free to follow up with Eskarlethe at 562-690-4001 ext. 203.