The scholarship application period for the 2019 conference is now open.
Each year, The Institute for Healthcare Advancement (IHA) offers conference scholarships to those who are unable to afford registration.
The scholarship includes access to the main conference and included preconference sessions. It does not cover preconference sessions that have an additional fee. Scholarship winners are also responsible for their own travel expenses and hotel accommodations.
To be selected for an IHA conference scholarship, you must demonstrate the following in your application:
- Financial hardship in which receiving a scholarship would allow you to attend the event.
- Interest in health literacy, especially as it relates to strengthening communities.
- Community benefit mindset, in that you will use your conference experience to benefit your community.
How to Submit an Application
Follow these instructions to submit an application:
- Download the PDF application.
- Fill out the PDF application and save a copy to your computer.
- Email your PDF application to HLCscholarships@iha4health.org. We will send you a confirmation email once your application is received.
- If you do not receive a confirmation within 2 business days, please feel free to follow up with us at 562-690-4001.
We remove all contact information from scholarship applications prior to review to reduce the potential for bias. Scholarship recipients are chosen based on their ability to demonstrate financial hardship, interest in health literacy, and community benefit mindset.