Each year, The Institute for Healthcare Advancement (IHA) offers conference scholarships to those who are unable to afford registration. This year, IHA is funding 10 scholarships, with funds for additional scholarships provided by our sponsors, speakers, and exhibitors.
Each scholarship covers 1 full registration to IHA’s Annual Health Literacy Conference. Scholarship winners need to pay for their own travel expenses and hotel accommodations.
To be selected for an IHA conference scholarship, you must demonstrate the following in your application:
- Financial hardship in which receiving a scholarship would allow you to attend the event.
- Interest in health literacy, especially as it relates to strengthening communities.
- Community benefit mindset, in that you will use your conference experience to benefit your community.
How to Submit an Application
Follow these instructions to submit an application:
- Download the PDF application.
- Fill out the PDF application and save a copy to your computer. This way, you won’t have to start over if your online application doesn’t go through.
- Email your PDF application to HLCscholarships@iha4health.org by February 28, 2018. We will send you a confirmation email once your application is received.
- If you do not receive a confirmation within 2 business days, please feel free to follow up with us at 562-690-4001.
We remove all contact information from scholarship applications prior to review to reduce the potential for bias. Scholarship recipients are chosen based on their ability to demonstrate financial hardship, interest in health literacy, and community benefit mindset. Those selected to receive an IHA conference scholarship will be notified by March 5, 2018.