IHA invites you to share your wealth of knowledge: consider truly engaging with our upcoming conference and submit an application.
IHA offers you 2 ways to help advance health literacy and equity:
- Share your insights and perspective by giving a presentation, or
- Apply your expertise to assess presentation submissions as a volunteer judge.
1. Share your insights and perspective by giving a presentation.
Do you have an idea that will help spark understanding and growth? Do you have a unique perspective that will inspire and challenge? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking for presentations that:
- will address aspects of health literacy and social justice/health equity.
- will address workforce development and sustainability for health literacy practitioners.
- will offer fresh perspectives on health literacy’s current role.
- are underdeveloped but warrant discussion.
- will channel the voice of defined target populations*.
*We welcome speakers from targeted populations, as they can be all the more compelling.
And maybe you know of other colleagues or experts who have fascinating ideas to share. If so, please pass this invitation on to them.
Some formats may be a better fit for sharing ideas. Consider the 6 formats below. Which session would be appropriate for your presentation?
Choose this format if …
You would like to prerecord the session. These prerecorded sessions will be available for viewing during conference.
Submit your prerecorded session to IHA by April 19, 2023.
You would like to teach a specific skill. These Interactive Zoom sessions make use of available tools (breakout rooms, whiteboard, polls) to help facilitate lively engagement.
If you wish to limit group size, please specify the ideal number of attendees when completing your application.
You have a panel of 3 – 5 subject-matter experts who will focus on specified topic.
In addition to each speaker, also include biographical information about the moderator in your application.
You plan to give an overview of information and solutions for audience to use at work and in their communities.
When completing the application, describe the tools/resources/solutions that will help attendees advance their work.
You would like participants to connect with each other in real time and exchange topic-related ideas.
In the application, describe how you’ll engage participants and encourage participation. If you wish to limit group size, please specify the ideal number of attendees.
You would like to display research information on a digital poster.
Submit your final Poster and recorded audio to IHA by April 19, 2023.
Selection of Presentation Proposals
A panel of volunteer judges will review presentation proposals. On a scale of 1 – 5, the judges will rate your proposal based on the extent to which it complies with the following statements:
- Session summary: The summary describes the innovative methods, ideas, and/or resources used during the session AND is written in plain language.
- Applicable solutions: The proposal contains tools, resources, and solutions that attendees can readily apply in advancing their own work.
- Objectives: The learning outcomes will educate and inspire attendees.
- Outline*: All learning objectives will be met, and the presentation will flow in a logical sequence.
- Relevance: The proposal demonstrates relevance to IHA’s overall conference mission: improving health literacy and advancing health equity.
- Level of participant engagement**: Demonstrates planning for strong, interactive engagement.
*Not applicable to posters ** Not applicable to on-demand sessions and posters
Key Dates for Presentation Proposals
December 9, 2022
IHA calls for presentation proposals.
January 20, 2023
Deadline to submit a presentation proposal.
March 10, 2023
IHA notifies participants of selected presentation proposals.
May 9, 2023
2. Apply your vast experience as a judge to assess presentation submissions.
Volunteers will determine which presentation proposals are most relevant and have the potential for significantly advancing health literacy. You could be instrumental in that process. Please consider joining the panel of independent judges.
By investing your time, insight, and experience, you can help recognize the ideas that most warrant discussion.
Judge Eligibility Requirements
Judges must be comfortable with, and agree to:
- Submit a judge application.
- Review entries on an impartial basis.
- Recuse themselves from judging the entry of any person with whom they have a personal or professional relationship.
- Refrain from submitting their own presentation proposals.
- Be available to judge assigned proposals within the assessment window of February 1 – 15, 2023.
- Judge 15 – 25 submissions within the assessment window. Actual number will be determined by January 27, 2023.
Key Dates for Volunteer Judges
December 9, 2022
IHA calls for volunteer judges
January 20, 2023
The call for judges closes.
January 27, 2023
IHA will notify selected judges.
May 9, 2023
About the Conference
IHA’s Health Literacy Conference has welcomed over 6,000 attendees since going virtual in 2020. This annual event attracts professionals from a wide array of healthcare settings, to include clinical, public health, education, research, and advocacy. Though their disciplines may vary, these attendees share one unifying mindset: an abiding commitment to advancing health literacy.
For questions, contact us at email@example.com.